Sunday, November 9, 2008

Minor Setback

Just as I was beginning to feel "normal" after having Isla (i.e. getting back to the gym, clothes fitting again) I had to have minor surgery on Friday and once again it will be awhile until I feel "normal". The surgery was nothing big and I am completely healthy, but the recovery did leave me out of commission for a couple of days. Auntie Anna came to the rescue and was able to help Ryan out with Isla. It was hard not being able to take care of Isla - she is so much fun right now. We finally got our first smile from her and her little personality is starting to show. We are now getting longer stretches of sleep out of her at night (she slept 6 hours last night - yeah!).

Ryan is going back to work tomorrow and Isla and I are going to miss him so much. He was such a huge help with Isla - I wouldn't have been able to do this whole parenting thing without him.

Me, Isla and Anna catching some sleep after my surgery:
Some pictures of Isla (she looks more like Ryan every day):

No comments: