Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bellingham

For Memorial Day weekend we ventured over to my hometown of Bellingham, WA. My sister Anna and her boyfriend, Robert, came along too, so it was sort of a mini family reunion. The weather was absolutely beautiful and it was Ski to Sea weekend so there were a lot of people around town. We finally got to see the land that my parents are going to build on. It is right on Bellingham Bay and the view is stunning. We also went for a walk to the park with Isla, taught Ryan and Robert how to play pickleball and took Isla swimming in a pool for her first time. I forgot how much I love pickleball - I think I may just have to bring the game to Idaho! Here are some shots of the pickleballers:

Ryan kept on using his tennis swing to hit the ball - it was priceless. He soon got the hang of the pickleball swing and volley:

Anna hitting the ball past my Dad (a first!):We were so excited to get Isla in the pool to see if she would like the water. Well she didn't absolutely love it, but she didn't hate it either:

This was pretty much the face she had the whole time:

We did get somewhat of a smile out of her:
My poor baby also got another ear infection on the trip to Bellingham. She was feeling so horrible that she actually slept in my arms. She never does this.

Overall it was a great weekend with family!

No comments: