Friday, July 15, 2011

Papa's 60th Birthday/Mariner Game/4th of July

How about that title? These were all the events we managed to squeeze into a 4th of July weekend. It was quite the whirlwind, but a fun one. This year we made it over to Seattle to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday. I don't think he really cared what he did for his birthday, as long as his grand kids were with him. He had such a great time showing them the train that goes by their house: Watching the train go by: He loved sharing his birthday cake and a birthday kiss with his granddaughter:The weather was beautiful while we were there so we spend a lot of time out in the yard playing:Ryan and I had a night away from the kiddos so we met up with the Bordner's and went to a Mariner game. I was a bad picture taker that night and these were the only ones I ended up with:Oh Jeremy - never a dull moment with this guy:






Back in Bellingham on Sunday we decided to let Isla try out her first sparkler. To my surprise she loved them:
On the 4th of July we celebrated my Dad's birthday again with a large group of friends. Our good friends, the Bjarnsons, were nice enough to make my Dad this beautiful cake:Such great friends! Believe it or not the cake was actually really good. I was a bad picture taker during the party as I was running after two kiddos, chatting with friends and family and dancing with Isla, but I still managed to have a great time!


This by far was my favorite picture from the weekend - I can't wait to get back:Thanks Mom and Dad for a very memorable weekend - we love you!

No comments: