Monday, August 13, 2012

This just melts my heart . . .

I swear they are going to be graduating high school before I know it.  This weekend I made sure to take the time and be present with them and enjoy their laughter.  They are such great kids and I'm having so much fun with them.  Things I enjoy about Drew right now:

  • His talking. I can understand about 50% of what he says and, believe me, he has a lot to say!
  • His snuggles.  When he wakes up he just likes to sit on the couch on your lap and watch Dora.
  • His love of animals.  When we go on walks he stops at every cat and dog he sees and gives them nice pets.
  • His laughter.  Just thinking about it puts a smile on my face.
Things I enjoy about Isla right now:

  • Her independence.  She is now getting out of bed in the mornings and getting dressed all on her own before she comes out of her bedroom.  For the most part her outfits are actually coordinated, but then you get the randoms like the one in the picture above (long sleeved red shirt with blue and green shorts).
  • The fact that she ALWAYS needs to have her purse, phone and baby with her when we leave the house.
  • She is a little helper.  She loves to help me out with chores around the house.  Whether it be unloading the dishwasher, folding the laundry, or dusting, she is always willing to help.
  • She is a great big sister.  She loves to help out with Drew (much to his dismay at times) and make sure that he has his blanket when he gets upset, or his milk when he is thirsty.



No comments: