Thursday, October 4, 2012

Swiper the Horse

So my husband likes to think he is younger than he is and play flag football with the 20-year olds.  Well, actually his whole team is like that considering they are the oldest team in the league.  But I've got to hand it to them, they seem to win the league each year - how does that saying go again "Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill every time"?  Anyways, back to my post (I promise flag football has something to do with it).  Last week I took the kids to one of Ryan's flag football games and the field he played at has a horse corral (only in Idaho).  I have been to many games at this field before, but this was the first time I actually saw a horse, make that two, using the corral.

My kids reaction to the horses are so telling - Isla stayed glued to our blanket by the football field while Drew took off running after them.  Thankfully one of the riders was nice and let some of the kids ride on her horse.  Isla watched the whole spectacle from her security blanket while Drew actually let me put him on the horse.  He giggled the entire ride!  I love this little guy and his no-fear attitude:

On another note, Drew kept calling the horse Swiper (the fox from Dora the Explorer).  I have no idea why.  I kept telling him "no, Drew, that's a horse" to which he would reply an enthusiastic "neigh!".  So I think he knew it was a horse? Anyways, I gave in and we called him Swiper.

After the horse left, Isla magically became unglued from her blanket and went back to playing with her brother:
I know her cautious personality will be something I appreciate in the future!

No comments: