Wednesday, December 4, 2013

New House, End of November, Thanksgiving 2013

A nice combo post for you:

We moved!  After spending the summer and early fall in the Plex we finally found the house we have been waiting for.  I am pleasantly surprised that we found what we were looking for in the "flat" land as Ryan calls it as I thought we would have had to move up into the foothills to find it.  In fact the house is about as close to downtown as you can get and we have been enjoying the location by riding our bikes and walking to events (see previous post).  I am so thankful that we found what we were looking for and I seriously love this house more and more everyday.

The weekend before Thanksgiving we ventured out to the Zac Brown Band concert with some friends.  Such a great concert and I highly recommend seeing this band if you can.  All the boys in their plaid shirts - so original:



We decided to stay home for Thanksgiving again this year and host Grandma, Papa Randy and Uncle Johnny.  It was my first time cooking the bird by myself (except Grandma took out the insides and neck of the turkey as that part makes me a wee bit squeamish) and I have to say that it turned out really well.  The finished product:
 My other turkey:
Dinning room set for Thanksgiving dinner:


 

No comments: