Sunday, January 18, 2009

30th Birthday

Sorry it has taken me so long to post the pictures from my 30th birthday weekend, but things are crazy now that I am back at work. Don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying being back at work and Isla is doing great at daycare, but the evenings are now dedicated to Isla and getting ready for the next day. Sometimes our dinners are even put on the back burner (no pun intended) while we play with Isla.

Anyways, back to my 30th Birthday weekend - it was so much fun! My parents came into town on Friday (my actual birthday) and then Anna and my cousin, Krista, came down from Sun Valley and we all went out to dinner. We kept it low key since the big celebration was planned for the next night. Oh boy, what a celebration it was. There was a lot of dancing and drinking and I participated heavily in both. I think my Boise friends were a little surprised by my dance moves, but it didn't take them long to join in. Unfortunately the pictures from the night are fuzzy (whoever was taking the pictures had it on the wrong setting I think), so it is going to be difficult to see some of them. Here they are:

Before the party my parents gave me my birthday gift - The Bob stroller. I absolutely love it - thanks so much Mom, Dad and Connie! We had to have Isla try it out - she is still just a bit too small for it:
Ryan, Isla and I before the party started. Thank you so much to my parents and Anna who took care of Isla throughout the evening, into the night and the next morning!
Anna, Krista and I starting to feel the groove:
There really aren't any words to describe this picture. I think Jeremy was just really excited to be at my party:
Really excited (I don't think he gets out much):

Some pre-dancing photos:



Let the dancing begin:
Unfortunately the night had to come to an end - I feel like we have curfews again now that we have kids. The Bordners were definitely sad to leave:

I'm just realizing now that all of these pictures are from the latter part of the evening - when everyone had just enough alcohol. It would have been nice to have the before pictures to see how tame it was before the music got a little louder. Thank you so much to my family and friends for celebrating my birthday with me and making it a blast!

1 comment:

The Bordner Family said...

What a fun night! Thanks for a rockin' party. My idea to embarass Ryan and get him to dance with me backfired -- he joined right in!