Sunday, July 19, 2009

Past Few Weeks

Sorry I haven't posted anything in awhile - we have had a busy last couple weeks visiting with friends and family. Last weekend Aunt Anna came down to spend some time with Isla and I while Ryan went to Montana to fish. Anna hadn't seen Isla in a month so she was very anxious to see her niece. Unfortunately, Isla had to come down with another ear infection while Anna was here, but I think they both still managed to have a good time (Isla's ear infection cleared up in a couple days with the help of some ear drops - nice to know that the tubes are working). While Anna was here we visited with our good friends the Bordners whom we haven't seen in awhile. They had Anna, Isla and I over for dinner while Ryan was out of town. It was fun to visit with them and catch up on what we all have been up to this summer. Thanks Bordners! I also want to thank Aunt Anna for coming down and helping me with Isla while Ryan was gone - you were a life saver!

Anna with her niece:
Isla and Payton playing together at the Bordner's:

This weekend Aunt Anna came down to Boise again to pick up our old couch (we finally got a new one!). On Friday night Anna and Robert watched Isla while Ryan and I went to dinner and a movie. We saw the new Harry Potter movie (we are the biggest Harry Potter nerds!) and I liked it, but Ryan is still on the fence. He made the mistake of reading the book right before seeing the movie, which will end up disappointing you as the movie is never as good as the book. It was nice to have a date night with my hubby though (thanks Anna and Robert)!

In other news, Isla is becoming more mobile by the second. It is getting to point where I will turn my back for two seconds and she has moved to the other side of the room (granted it is a small room, but I'm not used to her moving around so quickly). She rolls and scoots all around the room now and it's fun to watch her discover new things. I took a few pictures of her today rolling around the living room:

She started out by the TV playing with the hardware on the cabinets:

Then decided to roll over to her toys:
Thought about crawling:
But decided against it:
Next weekend will be just Isla and I as Ryan is headed off to Bend to hang out with his buddies.

No comments: