Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mariner Game

This weekend we headed back to Bellingham to visit my parents again and to go to the Mariner/Yankee game. We arrived in Bellingham early on Saturday morning and went out to breakfast with my parents. Then we ventured over to their property to see the progress that was made in only a short week. I'm so excited for this house one would think it was mine. They have the walls up on the main floor and everything looks great:


After the house visit my Mom and I went to the Bellingham farmer's market and bought some fresh vegetables to accompany our seafood dinner. We didn't end up finding any seafood so we went down to a fresh market and bought some yummy salmon. We coupled the food with some fabulous wine, courtesy of my Dad. The meal was fantastic!

On Sunday morning Ryan and I left Miss Isla with the Grandparents and headed down to Seattle. We were a little hesitant on going because Isla had a fever and wasn't her usual jovial self, but my parents insisted that we go to the game. Thank goodness for Grandparents! We stayed at the Silver Cloud Stadium Inn and had a great view of the ballpark:
At 11:30 we left our hotel room to go to the Pyramid Brewing beer garden before the game. Who doesn't need a beer at 11:30 I say? Self portrait of Ryan and I at the beer garden:
We soon met up with the Bordners and headed over to the ballpark to watch the game. We had such a great time drinking beer and hanging out with good friends in great seats (thanks Dad!):
It's good to have Griffey back in Seattle:
Kirstin and I splurged on some Mariner gear:
After the game Kirstin worked her magic and got us into the Diamond Club section:
After the game we headed over to Red Robin to soak up all the beer with some good burgers. It was a beautiful day on the deck. So glad we shared it with our good friends:

1 comment:

The Bordner Family said...

What a fun day! Thanks for inviting us ... tell your dad thanks from us! Great seats. xoxo