Tuesday, September 7, 2010

36 weeks - #2

This whole pregnancy I have been meaning to compare photos of myself when I was pregnant with Isla. Good thing I finally got around to it as I only have four weeks (or less!) left of this pregnancy. Here I am pregnant with Isla at 36 weeks: Pregnant with #2 at 36 weeks:

As you can see I am definitely carrying this baby different. I don’t think I’m bigger than I was with Isla (my stomach is measuring exactly the same size as it was with Isla at 36 weeks), I’m just carrying this baby more out in front. Some other notable differences with this pregnancy:

  • I didn’t have to wear my ugly support band when I worked out during this pregnancy. I think it’s because I’m carrying him higher than I carried Isla.
  • I haven’t had any swelling with this pregnancy (knock on wood!). With Isla I didn’t have normal size ankles until two weeks after she was born.
  • I don’t know if this guy is bigger or not, but I definitely hit my “uncomfortable” stage with him sooner than I did with Isla. I now have to eat smaller meals as there is no room in my belly and it is starting to hurt when he moves and stretches out.
  • I have definitely had more practice contractions with this pregnancy. Not sure if this is a sign of a second pregnancy, but it has freaked me out (and Ryan) and I have started to take things a bit easier as I would like him to stay put for a couple more weeks (pretty please!).

1 comment:

Williams Family said...

you look great Heather, we are so excited for you guys...