Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas 2010 Recap 1 of 2

What a bad blogger I have been – my sincerest apologies. I guess that is what you get when a mom of two little ones returns to work at one of their busiest times of the year. All my extra time, which is not much lately, has been dedicated to snuggling with my babies.

We had a great Christmas this year celebrating with our relatives and friends. We started Christmas week with the Hamilton’s hosting their friends for a cookie making party. Isla got to make cookies with all her little buddies:
I found these two little rascals in the corner devouring their cookies only moments after they had made them:
There was also a visit from Santa at the party. Isla wanted absolutely nothing to do with him (I had to steal this picture from Molly):
Our next Christmas activity was Isla’s Christmas program put on by her daycare, R House. It was so much fun to see Isla run around with her little friends. I can’t believe how big she is getting, she is such a little girl now and is no longer my baby (well, she will always be my baby):
Here is Isla with one of her favorite people, Miss Jessica, her teacher (not a great shot of Isla, but oh well):
The entire month of December we have been practicing singing Christmas songs with Isla (i.e. Jingle Bells, Rudolph) and she is such a great singer. But when it came time to sing in front of all of the parents and relatives she had a little bit of stage fright. The little stinker just stared out at the audience and did not sing one song. She even looked back at her friends with a look like “who are you why are you singing these songs?”:
Our little Miss Isla did surprise us by sitting on Santa’s lap though. I think Miss Jessica’s promise of a candy cane may have had something to do with that:
Christmas Eve we had a relaxing night at home making dinner with my parents. Isla loves to help cook so she “helped” GiGi with the potatoes:
Drew just hung out with Papa, looking chubby and cute:
Christmas morning Isla was quite overwhelmed with all of her presents. She was done once she saw that Santa gave her play-doh in her stocking:
After awhile we finally convinced her to open the rest of her presents:
Drew had fun watching everyone open their gifts from the comfort of Papa’s lap:
Papa in heaven with his grandkids on Christmas morning:

No comments: