Sunday, October 13, 2013

Isla Turns 5!

I can't believe I have been a Mommy for five years already.  My sweet Isla turned 5 a couple of weeks ago and is quickly becoming a big girl.  We went shopping for new clothes the other day and she was sooooo into it.  She wanted to try on all the clothes we had picked out for her in the dressing room and with every new piece of clothing she tried on she would look at herself in the mirror and strike a pose.  It was so darn cute and I couldn't help but get tears in my eyes.  I want to keep her little for a bit longer.

Isla is still quite shy around those she doesn't know well and is very loyal to her friends.  She loves to play with her babies and have a school day with them complete with projects.  If this girl is not a teacher I will be surprised!

She has a couple of sayings right now that crack me up.  She calls her hair conditioner her air conditioner and her cup holder in her car seat her cup folder.

I wasn't with Isla on her birthday either, but again, my family made her feel extra special on her day (even while her brother was stricken with a stomach flu):

Happy Birthday my baby girl (you will ALWAYS be my baby girl even though you don't like me to call you that), I love you!

No comments: