Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lake Chelan

This past weekend we drove up to Lake Chelan to celebrate my Grandaddy's 90th birthday! We rented a beautiful house on Wapato Point and relaxed by the lake. It was a quick trip, but well worth it. Happy Birthday Grandaddy! Here are some pictures from the trip:


View from the house Grandaddy enjoying his book at the beach
My cousin Mandy and her daughter, Emma, made the trip up from California. Mandy is about 4 months pregnant with her second child so I had a pregnant friend to hang out with. Emma enjoying the beach - she is such a cutie!

Not all of the family could make it over the weekend so we had to have two birthday celebrations for Grandaddy. Of course we had our hats on - it wouldn't be a true Detwiler party without them. My mom made her awesome peanut butter pie for the celebration:


The family that could make it for the weekend celebration:



The sisters (Aunt Margot, my Mom and Aunt Jan) singing grace:

Ryan and I
My Dad and I
Emma helping Grandaddy open his presents:

Emma and Grandaddy:

No comments: