Monday, July 14, 2008

Shower Weekend

This weekend I headed to Washington for two baby showers. The first shower was thrown by my Aunt Margot in Seattle and catered by my cousin's wife, Robin. The weather, food, guests, and hosts were absolutely wonderful! Here are some pictures: I was so lucky and honored to have my cousins and college friends travel to Seattle just for the shower. My cousin Erica (second from left) came up from San Francisco, my cousin Laura (far left) and friends Summer (third from right) and Meagan (far right) came up from Portland and my friend Sara (middle) came from Spokane. Holly (second from right) didn't have that far to travel as she lives in Kirkland, but she had all the college friends stay at her place. Thanks so much for coming ladies - it wouldn't have been the same without you!It was an honor to have my Grandaddy attend the shower. It wouldn't have been complete without him.
Not only did my aunt Margot host the baby shower, but she also gave me a very special gift. Since I couldn't find any bedding that I loved I purchased some fabrics and my aunt sewed a curtain valance, crib skirt, and crib bumper for me. They turned out so amazing and I can't wait to put the nursery together. Thank you so much Margot - you are wonderful!

In case you are wondering, yes, I am wearing a hat. It is Detwiler tradition at every party!

The next day I had my second shower which was thrown by my Mom's good friends, Julia Sobchuck, Pam Sinnett, Connie Goodman, and Sue Stull up in Bellingham. It was another beautiful day and we enjoyed hanging outside and taking in the beautiful view of the Bellingham Bay at Julia's house. The food was wonderful and it was great to hang out with family and friends whom I haven't seen in awhile. Thank you so much ladies!

Ilea, Chloe, and Maia helped me open the gifts and were great at all of the shower games.

To top off the weekend I came home (very late on Sunday night I might add) and my amazing, wonderful husband surprised me by painting the nursery while I was gone. The color is perfect and the bedding that my aunt made for me looks so good with the wall color I can't wait to get the crib and dressers put together! Thanks again to everyone who made this weekend so special - I am truly blessed!

No comments: