Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sun and Snow

Wow, what a difference a week makes. It was only last Saturday that I was sitting by the pool in Palm Springs sweating in the 98 degree weather and now I'm in sweats and a sweatshirt watching it snow outside in Boise. I don't know about you, but I would take the warmer weather over the snow right now.

So last weekend I went down to Palm Springs for a girlfriend's bachelorette party and it was HOT. I was either in the shade or in the pool most of the time. Despite the heat, all of us girls had a fabulous time lounging by the pool, shopping and bar hopping. On Saturday night we went to the Parker Hotel (absolutely fabulous place where all the celebs stay), ate dinner at the Ace hotel (great place, laid back, reminds me of the Doug Fir in Portland, OR), and then went for drinks at couple of other great places (I have to blame my pregnancy brain as I am at a total loss for the names of the places right now).

Here are some of the girls lounging in the pool on Saturday:
We all stayed at my friend Holly's parent's house in Palm Springs. The house was amazing and right on one of the many golf courses. Here are some of the girls before we went out on Saturday night:
The view from the house:
The bride-to-be, Sara, opening her gifts on Saturday night:
As a special treat on Saturday night we got to cruise around Palm Springs in Sara's late grandfathers 1992 Caddy (I really don't know the exact year, but you get the point)! We had a lot of comments and stares from people as the seven of us girls drove around Palm Springs that night. Here we are before big night out on the town:
I was the lucky chauffeur for the night:
I was also lucky enough to have a pregnant friend (Holly) with me on the trip. He we are at the Parker Hotel:
Some of the other girls at the Parker:
Sara enjoying her tequila shot at dinner:
We all had a great time and I am so excited for Sara's wedding in July!

No comments: