Sunday, May 2, 2010

Where did my baby Isla go?

This weekend we went to Charlotte Blaine's first birthday party/Kentucky Derby party and I got Isla all dressed up in a pretty dress and did her hair in pigtails (still fighting that darn mullet, all though I think it is going away). When I looked at Isla after she was all dolled up I had to do a double take, she was no longer my baby anymore. She looked so big and grown up it brought tears to my eyes. I think the pregnancy hormones may have had something to do with my emotions, but I can't believe how quickly the past 20 months have gone. Here is my little girl all dressed up for the party:
Posing with her Daddy:
At the birthday party, eating her snacks at the big table like everyone else:

To prove that she is getting closer to the "terrible" twos (although I have heard three is much worse) she now likes to boss our pets around the house. She follows Riley the cat everywhere saying "no, Riley"and she also likes to go up to Hank and say "move" for no apparent reason. Ryan and I have been working with her to be a little nicer to the pets. We have also graduated to the tantrums where she sobs while rolling around on the ground. They only last for about 30 seconds, but they are oh-so dramatic! Can't wait to see what the teenage years will bring.

All things considered Isla is a very good girl and we absolutely love her to pieces. I just can't get over how fast she has grown.

No comments: