Sunday, October 31, 2010

Spoiled

For the past six weeks Ryan and I have been spoiled. We have had a live in nanny, cook, house cleaner, personal shopper all in the form of my Mom, GrandmaGiGi. Since the day after Drew was born, my Mom has been living with us and helping us getting adjusted to a family of four. I fully believe that she is the reason that I have not yet “lost it” since Drew has been born. When Isla finally realized that Drew was here to stay and became jealous, GiGi was there to help dry her tears when I could not. When Drew was fussy and I could not sooth him, GiGi was always there to take over and help me maintain my sanity. When I needed someone to talk to about motherhood, GiGi was there to listen and not judge.

Thanks to GiGi Ryan was also able to go to all of the Boise State home football games, continue his weekly happy hour “meetings” with friends, and play in all of his flag football games. Thanks to GiGi I was also able to get out for a couple of happy hour “meetings” myself.

Our beloved GiGi left us yesterday to return to her life in Bellingham. So far things have been going okay (and I know everything will be just FINE), but I do think that I may “lose it” sometime this week. But I will have my husband here to help pick up the pieces and we will adjust to being a family of four.

I would love to say thank you to my Mom for all that she has done, but thank you does not even come close to conveying how thankful I am. I am so lucky to have you as a Mom and hope that I am at least half the mom you are to my kids. We love you.

GrandmaGiGi playing in the leaves with Isla

No comments: