Sunday, October 24, 2010

Toddler Bed

We are in the process of transitioning Isla from her crib to a "big girl bed". Since I'm not ready to put Isla in a room downstairs all by herself, she and Drew will be sharing a room for a little while. We plan on moving Drew into the bedroom in about a month so we decided to move Isla to her toddler bed now in order for this to happen.

Our little Isla moves a lot while she is asleep so it was no surprise to me when we found her on the floor asleep on her first night in her "big girl bed". For the past week we have been putting her in the bed and each night it seems we have to go into her room and pick her up off of the floor and put her back in the bed. The other night when I went to check on her this is what I found:

She was out cold in this position and I had to leave the room because I was laughing so hard. After I composed myself I went back in and put her back in her "big girl bed". I'm hoping she will eventually learn how to stay put during the night, but until then I don't mind checking on her a couple times a night (since I'm up feeding Drew anyways).

2 comments:

Williams Family said...

haha! That made me laugh!! She is adorable!! Reagan's a mover at night too, she wedged herself between the bed and the wall last night and woke up yelling "oops, i'm STUCK!!!" hilarious. Good luck!!

The Havlicek Family said...

I love that picture!!!!! :D