Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What has Miss Isla been up to?

This one has grown into a little girl in the past two months. We are finally potty trained (double yeah! - only one in diapers!) and her vocabulary has increased tenfold. We now have nice little conversations and she is able to express her feelings quite well if you ask me. Just the other day we were talking about motorcycles (see previous post about motorcycles) and she told me that doesn't ride them. When I asked her why, she simply replied "because I'm afraid I will fall off". I almost fell out of my chair when she said this because she said it so matter of fact, like duh Mom. I think she may be growing up a bit too quickly. Some of the other things she says that crack me up:
  • When she has an itch she likes to tell me her "tickle hurts".
  • Whenever she is looking for me she says "Mommy, where you are?".
  • She calls her teachers at school "Miss" so and so and sometimes I get "Miss" Mommy when we are at home (the mommy guilt tends to creep in when she does this though).
  • Whenever she wants someone to pick her up she says "I wanna hold you".
  • She likes to call Drew's Happy Baby Puffs "Pups".
I'm sure there are many more Isla-isms that I am forgetting, but I'm sure I will post about them later. I am so proud of the little girl that she is becoming and I am so proud to be her Mom.

No comments: