Thursday, September 25, 2014

Birthday Week - Drew Turns 4 and Isla Turns 6

It was birthday week last week in the Skene household.  We started the week by making posters for both Drew and Isla as they both were Stars/Student of the Week at their schools:
First up was Drew's birthday on Wednesday.  This year was the year of the Ninja Turtle.  Drew is obsessed.  He wanted Ninja Turtle cupcakes to bring to school so I took his Ninja Turtle Stickers, stuck them on a toothpick, stuck them in the cupcakes.  Luckily this satisfied him.

After dinner at Lulu's we went home and opened his presents:


Ninja Turtles where everywhere!

Friday was Isla's birthday and she also had to bring a snack to school.  Since they don't like them to bring treats to school (which I totally get because how can you teach 23 kindergartners hyped up on sugar?) for their birthday I tried to find a fun special birthday snack.  It didn't take me long to find it (thank you Google) and I think they turned out well:
Later that afternoon Ryan and I were invited to Isla's presentation at school for her Star of the Week.  It was so cute to watch her explain her poster, share pictures and answer all her classmates questions.  She did very well and make me a very proud Momma.  Later that evening she opened her gifts:

And then we went to the Roosevelt Market party that had a bounce house and ice cream:
What more could you ask for on your birthday?

Then on Saturday afternoon we did a combined birthday party with their friends (which I will do as long as they will let me get away with it) at a nearby park.

Drew was soooo excited for his party.  I think maybe even more than his actual birthday:
Crazy boy!  He got his Ninja Turtle cake and Isla had her Frozen cake:


After the party, to celebrate being a Mom for six years, my parents watched the kids while I went to the BSU game with these people:

Needless to say I only made it until half time.  It was a long week and I was very tired, but I love my babies so much and they make the stress worth it.  I am so proud of them and feel honored to be their Mother.



  


No comments: