Monday, March 22, 2010

Things I learned this weekend . . .

Ryan and I finally had much needed date night this weekend. Grandma Connie came down to watch Isla while Ryan and I went to dinner and then the Jason Aldean concert (Grandma Connie also got up with Isla the next morning so Ryan and I could sleep in - what a treat!). The concert was actually really good and I learned some things while I was there:
  • Another reason to like the rain from a song by Luke Bryan - "rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey, and whiskey makes my girl a little frisky". Love it.
  • That short Daisy Duke denim shorts (and I mean short!) are apparently back in.
  • I'm really becoming a country music fan.
  • I may have a slight crush on Jason Aldean and his song, "The Truth", is one of my favorites.
During the day on Saturday and Sunday I got to hang out with my favorite 18 month old and learned:
  • Watching your toddler walk around without any clothes or diaper is probably one of the cutest things ever.
  • Isla likes to rest her hands on her stomach when she walks.
  • Whenever I need a good laugh I look at this picture:

(Isla with crazy hair, monkey pajamas, and her Grandma Connie's pink rhinestone cowboy boots)

Here is a random little video for the Grandparents in Bellingham who are having serious Isla withdrawals. This is also for Aunt Anna so she can see how cute Isla looks in the dress she got her:

No comments: