Monday, August 23, 2010

The Fair

This past week I have been talking to Isla about going to the fair - telling her about all the animals that we would see and all of the carnival rides. To my surprise Ryan was even excited about taking Isla to the fair (turns out he has some fond memories going to the same fair when he was growing up). So on Sunday we decided to brave the crowds and headed to the fairgrounds. Isla was a little overwhelmed by all of the people (can't say I blame her), but I think she managed to have a little bit of fun.

We first visited the chickens and roosters:
Then we managed to get her on her first pony ride. If you look closely at the pictures you can see her bottom lip sticking out - she wasn't too fond of the ride:
Isla really wanted to ride on the Ferris Wheel - but she is still a little too small for that ride. We tried to distract her with a visit to the horse barn:
We then let Isla experience the fair food - ice cream, pronto pup, and a chicken pita. I think this may have been her favorite part! I can't wait for next year when she will hopefully be able to go on some of the rides.

No comments: