Monday, August 9, 2010

Isla & Mom

Two weekends ago (I'm a little behind on my blogging) Ryan went fishing in Montana leaving Isla and me at home for a weekend of fun together. I have been looking forward to this weekend as the birth of Baby Boy is rapidly approaching (only 6 to 9 weeks left – eek!) and I only have a limited amount of time where it will just be Isla and I. It brings tears to my eyes that Isla no longer will be our only baby and I want to enjoy the time we have until Baby Boy makes his entrance into the world. We filled our weekend with trips to the Farmer’s Market, the park, and the Discovery Center. Isla loved the Discovery Center:

I had fun just watching her and listening to her as it had been a week since I had seen her (after our trip north for the Kenney wedding I had to fly out to Minneapolis for work). She has turned into our little myna bird and likes to repeat everything we say. She also likes to talk to her “Baby Brahder” as she calls him. She will pull up my shirt and point to my belly button and say “Hi Baby Brahder”, sometimes she will kiss my stomach and put her head on it to hug him before she pulls my shirt down and says “Bye Baby Brahder”. It really is the cutest thing to watch. Ryan caught her doing this with the camera earlier this week:

I’m not sure if telling her Baby Brother is in my belly really makes sense to her as she has pulled up her shirt and pointed to her belly saying “Isla’s Baby Brahder”. We may have totally confused this child and she now thinks everyone has a Baby Brother in their belly. Oh well.

As for the pregnancy, everything is progressing as normal, although I swear I am bigger at this time than I was with Isla. Ryan swears that I am the same size, but I think he is just saying that to be nice. It is hard to believe that I have only 6 to 9 weeks left. I would say physically I’m ready (seriously this second pregnancy seems a bit harder on the old bod than the first), but mentally I’m not. I still have a bunch of baby boy stuff I need to buy so we aren’t bringing him home in a pink outfit swaddled in a pink blanket!

This past weekend we went to Stanley with a bunch of friends and had the best time. I hope to update the blog in a couple days with pictures.

No comments: