Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Rome

After the wedding weekend in Venice, Ryan and I boarded a train to Rome.  We didn't have much time - about 24 hours - to sight see so I booked us a room at a boutique hotel near the Coliseum as that was my favorite sight in Rome when I visited in college.

But, first thing first, I had to get my good catholic boy to see Vatican City.  He was pretty overwhelmed by all the opulence and all the people:





After the Vatican we headed back to our hotel and took an evening stroll around the Coliseum:



Can you tell Ryan was fascinate with it based on all the pictures he took?  I don't blame him, I had the same reaction back when I first visited.  Since the Coliseum was closed when we got there we decided to go back the next day before we left and take a tour:

On the way back to the hotel we grabbed some dinner (which consisted of a panini and a bottle of sangiovese) to eat up on the rooftop patio.  Not a bad view for dinner:
I'm so glad we stayed at this hotel because it gave Ryan a fairly good aerial view of Rome:




 The next morning we were back up there having breakfast and taking more pictures:




Then it was off to the Coliseum and the ruins surrounding it:








We could have spent the entire day there, but Capri and relaxation where calling our names so we said bonjourno to Rome and boarded the train for our last stop.


No comments: